For only $40/month, or roughly $1.35 a day – you’ll make
a direct and profound difference in a child’s life.
When you sponsor a child for $40/month, or roughly $1.35 a day, you’ll make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life. You’ll ensure that your sponsored child receives an excellent Christian education, nutritious food, medical care, and the opportunity to hear the life-changing message of Jesus Christ.
Your support plays a vital role in transforming lives and creating lasting impact, providing not just hope, but the resources and guidance for child and families to build self-sustaining communities and break the cycle of poverty.
"After sponsoring Anthony, we put his picture on the fridge and began praying for him each day.
For over 18 years we have exchanged letters, made visits to Kenya, and prayed for each other. We’ve watched his progress, seen with our eyes how he turned from a small shy boy into a young man, full of confidence, soon to graduate from university.
This sponsorship has given Antony and his family hope, and allowed him to grow up healthy, safe, and educated.
For our part, this experience has given us a rich look into a world beyond our sheltered lives, to see how God works the lives of Christians in cultures poles apart.
The relationship we have built has been extraordinarily rewarding, for all of us."
After you have begun your sponsorship, you will receive a new sponsorship packet in the mail that will welcome you to the MOHI family, provide a child profile card with additional information on your sponsored child, and share more details regarding our sponsorship program.
Yes, in fact we encourage you to write to your sponsored child. Writing to your sponsored child shows that you care about them and want to encourage their development. You are able to write to your sponsored child either by sending a letter in the mail or by sending a digital message through your online account. We encourage you to build a relationship that will help support and encourage not only your sponsored child but their whole family as well.
Sponsorship is wholly funded through donated support, so we cannot “bill” you for a donation. If you give by check, we will send you a receipt for your gift. At the bottom of your receipt is a tear-off portion that you can use to send in with your next donation. If a donation is missed during a particular month, you will NOT receive a receipt with a return portion for that month. If you miss a month of donation, you will need to either send a check donation to our US Office or contact our US Office for a new return envelope.
If you give annually, semi-annually, or quarterly you will receive a donation reminder statement a month before your next donation. This acts as a reminder to either make a donation by visiting your online account, contacting our US Office, sending a check in the mail, or your preferred method of giving.
MOHI guarantees that administrative expenses will not exceed 14%. The remaining 86% of funds go toward providing and maintaining safe program facilities, medical care, spiritual development, nutritious meals, and school fees, which can cover uniforms, supplies, textbooks, and teacher salaries.
Children in developing countries often do not start school at the same age as children in the United States, but begin school once it becomes available to them. Once recruited into our program, a child will begin in the grade best suited to their education level rather than age. In most cases, children can be recruited into our program as young as preschool age and can remain in our program up to a year after graduating from high school. A child is eligible for sponsorship as long as they remain a part of the MOHI program.
Missions of Hope International directs its care into the four pillar mission to educate the next generation, empower them economically, socially, and emotionally, restore healthy minds, bodies, and relationships, as well as redeem them through the Gospel of Christ. Because of this model, the children in our sponsorship program receive a Christian education, daily nutritious meals (or nutritional supplements), medical care, and guidance in both spiritual and social development. MOHI is committed to providing these holistic essentials so that these children are more likely to gain a higher education and/or develop specific skills that will enable them to gain meaningful employment and rise above a life of poverty.
For $1.35 a day, you can make a direct and profound difference in a child’s life.